Guided * Outdoors
A Tour of Her Own (TOHO) is a team of professionals tour organizers based in Washington, DC, with a mission to “elevate women’s stories into a more prominent place in American history and culture.”
TOHO is offering special themes guided tours in WDC such as:
* Department Stores: A Feminine Oasis
* I spy – Women who spied for their country
* Hidden History of The First Ladies
* HERSTORICAL PORTRAITS – Women’s History at the National Portrait Gallery
* Leading ladies – Suffragists, Supremes and In-Betweens
* STEPPING UP, SPEAKING OUT – Women and Political Marches in America’s Capital
Joining one of the tours will introduce DC in a way that will present the full history of the city, the traditional sites as well as the women’s history sites.
Tours are offered several times a year as special events, but there is also an option to book a private tour. The company was founded by Kaitlin Calogera, and all her guides are females, with years of experience in leading groups.