Among the different types of annual events hosted in Boston are some that are well known nationwide and some that are mostly known by the locals. Some are unique to Boston and worth paying a special visit to the city.
Check out our Boston Calendar for the exact dates of the annual events, to spice up your visit with changing events for/ about/ organized by women, and to celebrate female creations in – exhibitions, shows, conferences, festivals, and many more.
- Women’s March
- Chinese New Year Parade and Cultural Village
- Boston Massacre reenactment first Sunday of March
- Women in Comedy Festival during springtime
- South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade, taking place in the city since 1902.
Wear green and enjoy the parade with marching bands, police and army contingents, costume spectacles.
- Boston Dine Out Festival – an opportunity to sample Boston culinary flavors at special prices.
- Boston Marathon – held on the third Monday of April (Patriots’ Day) since 1897
- ArtWeek on the end of April
- Project Bread’s Walk for Hunger
- Boston Gay Pride Parade on the second week of June – celebrated in the city since 1971
- The Donna Summer Roller Disco Party
- 4th of July celebrations
- Hear the Declaration of Independence read from the balcony of the Old State House at 10 AM, as it was read on July 18, 1776.
- Spectacular fireworks show in the evening
- Boston Dine Out Festival
- Celebration Women’s Equality Day 2019 at the Swan Boats
- Boston Women’s Film Festival at the end of September
- 14th Annual Benefit 5K / 10K Race for Louisa May Alcott’s Orchard House
- Reebok Boston 10K for Women (used to be Tufts Health Plan 10K for Women). Held on the second Monday of October (Columbus Day) since 1977